Here you’ll find important references related to the PlanQAC 2021 project process.
Visit the Get Involved page to learn more about current opportunities!
The draft documents provided in this section are for initial review by the Planning Commission, Technical Committee, County Staff, stakeholders, and members of the public. These are working documents that we are revising to address comments received. Updated versions will be posted once reviewed by the Planning Commission. Please let us know of any feedback you have on these drafts, so that we may address and incorporate your comments into our next round of revisions.
- Cover - (8/12/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 3 – Community Facilities & Services (6/24/2021 2nd PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 4 – Land Use (includes Priority Preservation) (8/31/2021 2nd PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 5 – Environmental Resources (includes Water Resources Element) (6/24/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 12 – Implementation (recommendation matrix pending) (7/8/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Appendix D – Water Resources Analysis (7/8/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 1 – Introduction (1/14/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 2 – County Profile (1/14/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 3 - Community Facilities & Services (2/11/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 4 – Land Use (includes Priority Preservation) (7/8/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 6 - Transportation (3/10/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 7 - Historic & Cultural Resources (4/8/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 8 – Economic Development & Tourism (5/3/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 9 - Housing (4/8/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 10 - Town Planning Framework (5/28/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 11 - Community Plans (6/1/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Working Outline (1/26/2021 Draft)
- Kent Narrows Community Plan (6/1/2021 Draft)
Visit the Contact/Feedback page to send us your comments on the drafts.
Comprehensive Rezoning Requests
The County’s Comprehensive Plan update provides an opportunity for property owners to have the zoning of their properties re-evaluated for a different zoning district if they so choose. Property owners seeking to have their properties rezoned following the adoption of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan must make their intentions known while the Comprehensive Plan Update is occurring. Once adopted, the Comprehensive Plan charts the direction of the community’s long-term goals, which includes identifying a pattern of the desired land uses.
After the adoption of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan, the County will embark on a process of Countywide rezoning; however, the rezoning of any parcel will be evaluated against the land use designation it received in the updated Comprehensive Plan. Zoning is a tool to implement the land-use policies of the Comprehensive Plan—zoning must be consistent with the land-use plan.
The Planning Commission will review and discuss future land use and Growth Area adjustments related to submitted requests at their August 12, 2021 meeting. Review of the actual Comprehensive Rezoning Requests will not take place until the updated Comprehensive Plan is adopted.
Please Note: The deadline for submitting Comprehensive Rezoning Requests was June 11, 2021. The County is no longer accepting requests at this time.
- Queen Anne’s County Comprehensive Plan (2010)
- Chester/Stevensville Community Plan (2007)
- Grasonville Community Plan (2010)
- Kent Narrows Community Plan (2006)
Past Events, Meetings & Supporting Materials
September 22, 2020
Kent Narrows Development Foundation Meeting
PlanQAC 2021 process discussion with the Kent Narrows Development Foundation.
October 2019 – March 2020
Comprehensive Plan Survey
Results of the Comprehensive Plan survey. Results provided in this PDF are the raw responses, without the additional analysis that will be included in the Plan itself. While this survey has closed, there will be other opportunities for comment (see more ways to Get Involved). Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide their feedback and ideas for the Comprehensive Plan Update!
This section includes information on events and activities that have already occurred. Official County meeting agendas, minutes, and meeting recordings can be found here.