Here you’ll find important references related to the PlanQAC 2021 project process.
Visit the Get Involved page to learn more about current opportunities!
The documents provided in this section are for initial review by the Planning Commission, Technical Committee, County Staff, stakeholders, and members of the public. Please let us know of any feedback you have on these documents under the “Public Comment/Feedback” tab. All feedback is for informational purposes only, but will be reviewed by the Commissioners, as the 60-Day public comment period has ended.
Queen Anne’s County Comprehensive Plan 2021
- Cover, Acknowledgements, and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – County Profile
- Chapter 3 – Community Facilities & Services
- Chapter 4 – Land Use
- Chapter 5 – Environmental Resources
- Chapter 6 – Transportation
- Chapter 7 – Historic & Cultural Resources
- Chapter 8 – Economic Development & Tourism
- Chapter 9 – Housing
- Chapter 10 – Town Planning Framework
- Chapter 11 – Community Plans
- Chapter 12 – Implementation
- Appendices A – C
- Appendix D – Water Resources Analysis
Kent Narrows Community Plan 2021
- 60-Day Public Commens: No Changes Needed/No Changes Proposed
- 60-Day Public Comments: Recommendations for PC Consideration
- 60-Day Public Comments: Recommendations (Editorial/Clarification Only)
Hard copies of both the draft Comprehensive Plan and draft Kent Narrows Plan are available at:
QAC Planning and Zoning
110 Vincit Street
Centreville, MD 21617
Comprehensive Rezoning Requests
The County’s Comprehensive Plan update provides an opportunity for property owners to have the zoning of their properties re-evaluated for a different zoning district if they so choose. Property owners seeking to have their properties rezoned following the adoption of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan must make their intentions known while the Comprehensive Plan Update is occurring. Once adopted, the Comprehensive Plan charts the direction of the community’s long-term goals, which includes identifying a pattern of the desired land uses.
After the adoption of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan, the County will embark on a process of Countywide rezoning; however, the rezoning of any parcel will be evaluated against the land use designation it received in the updated Comprehensive Plan. Zoning is a tool to implement the land-use policies of the Comprehensive Plan—zoning must be consistent with the land-use plan.
Please Note: The deadline for submitting Comprehensive Rezoning Requests was June 11, 2021. The County is no longer accepting requests at this time.
- Queen Anne’s County Comprehensive Plan (2010)
- Chester/Stevensville Community Plan (2007)
- Grasonville Community Plan (2010)
- Kent Narrows Community Plan (2006)
Past Events, Meetings & Supporting Materials
May 10, 2022
County Commissioner Meeting
Comprehensive Rezoning Request 05 Chesterhaven Beach Partnership, LLC.
September 22, 2020
Kent Narrows Development Foundation Meeting
PlanQAC 2021 process discussion with the Kent Narrows Development Foundation.
October 2019 – March 2020
Comprehensive Plan Survey
Results of the Comprehensive Plan survey. Results provided in this PDF are the raw responses, without the additional analysis that will be included in the Plan itself. While this survey has closed, there will be other opportunities for comment (see more ways to Get Involved). Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide their feedback and ideas for the Comprehensive Plan Update!
This section includes information on events and activities that have already occurred. Official County meeting agendas, minutes, and meeting recordings can be found here.