Here you’ll find important references related to the PlanQAC 2021 project process.
Visit the Get Involved page to learn more about current opportunities!
- Chapter 1 – Introduction (1/14/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 2 – County Profile (1/14/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 3 - Community Facilities & Services (2/11/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 6 - Transportation (3/10/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 7 - Historic & Cultural Resources (4/8/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 8 – Economic Development & Tourism (5/3/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Chapter 9 - Housing (4/8/2021 Initial PC Review Draft)
- Working Outline (1/26/2021 Draft)
Visit the Contact/Feedback page to send us your comments on the drafts.
Comprehensive Rezoning Requests
The County’s Comprehensive Plan update provides an opportunity for property owners to have the zoning of their properties re-evaluated for a different zoning district if they so choose. Property owners seeking to have their properties rezoned following the adoption of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan must make their intentions known while the Comprehensive Plan Update is occurring. Once adopted, the Comprehensive Plan charts the direction of the community’s long-term goals, which includes identifying a pattern of the desired land uses.
After the adoption of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan, the County will embark on a process of Countywide rezoning; however, the rezoning of any parcel will be evaluated against the land use designation it received in the updated Comprehensive Plan. Zoning is a tool to implement the land-use policies of the Comprehensive Plan—zoning must be consistent with the land-use plan.
Additional information and the Comprehensive Rezoning Request Form are found in either the PDF or Word documents below:
Note: the deadline for submitting your Comprehensive Re-Zoning requests is June 11th.
- Queen Anne’s County Comprehensive Plan (2010)
- Chester/Stevensville Community Plan (2007)
- Grasonville Community Plan (2010)
- Kent Narrows Community Plan (2006)
Past Events, Meetings & Supporting Materials
June 15, 2021
Special Topic Workshop: Land Use & Priority Preservation
June 10, 2021
Planning Commission Meeting
Status update and review of Town Planning and Community Plans chapters.
September 22, 2020
Kent Narrows Development Foundation Meeting
PlanQAC 2021 process discussion with the Kent Narrows Development Foundation.
October 2019 – March 2020
Comprehensive Plan Survey
Results of the Comprehensive Plan survey. Results provided in this PDF are the raw responses, without the additional analysis that will be included in the Plan itself. While this survey has closed, there will be other opportunities for comment (see more ways to Get Involved). Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide their feedback and ideas for the Comprehensive Plan Update!
This section includes information on events and activities that have already occurred. Official County meeting agendas, minutes, and meeting recordings can be found here.